Thursday, January 19, 2006

More Early Years

I don't recall how old I was when I started listening to The Doors. I think it was somewhere around 6th grade. My father, once again, is the culprit. The Doors first self titled album was my favorite, and still is. I was really into them until I saw the Oliver Stone movie. There was nothing in the movie that I was surprised by. I had read No One Here Gets Out Alive, but I think a couple of things happened. First, everyone became a Doors fan overnight, at least it seemed that way. Second, Morrisson comes off as a real jerk in the film, much more so than in the book where he seemed to be more of a tragic figure.


Musically The Doors were pretty talented. As a guitar player I pay attention to the guitar, and Robby Krieger was no slouch. It's easy to miss, but if you pay attention, you'll see.

Favorite tracks:
Break on Through
Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)
The Crystal Ship
Take it as it Comes
The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home