Thursday, January 05, 2006

Future Blogs

I've just finished re- reading Shantung Compound, which is a book I first read in college. The author, Langdon Gilkey, draws some interesting observations about human nature and faith from his experience in an internment camp during World War II. I've been wanting to write a couple of blogs for some time now about his observations, but haven't found the time to do so. Hopefully I'll find the time soon.

I will be finishing up my "early years" favorite albums in the next week or so. Look for one from The Stray Cats and another from one who "lived fast and died young." After that I fancy a series of blogs entitled, "The Decline of Brian's Aural Civilization Part II: The Metal Years." You probably won't get the joke unless you've seen the movie, but anyway, it makes me chuckle and I have several favorites to choose from. My final section on favorite albums will be devoted to guitar records. There's a good deal of overlap in these sections, especially "The Metal Years" and "Guitar Records" but I'll do my best to keep 'em separated, as the song says.

Finally, I'm taking a class this trimester called "Christian Social Ethics." Due to scheduling conflicts I'm taking it as an independent study, so I may reflect a bit in my blog, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home