Friday, December 23, 2005

Favorite LP's


I'm going to do a series on my favorite LP's. (I'm never sure what to call them these days. Album? Record? Disc? CD? Back in the day I just called them albums, even though most of my albums were tapes. Cassette, not 8-track.) Anyway...

When I was just a little nard my aunt would play two records at my request. We're not sure, but we think one was Kiss Alive and the other was this one- Joan Jett and the Blackheart's I Love Rock-n-Roll. I loved this record. Punk-n-pop brilliance moved my little seven year old body, especially when I got the "tape" for Christmas in second grade. It was my first real record I owned. (I don't count Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits, or the Sesame Street record.) Favorite track is definitely Nag, but Victim of Circumstance, (I'm Gonna) Runaway and the title track rank up there as well.

(UPDATE: My sister gave me a copy of this CD for Christmas. Digitally remastered and additional bonus tracks. It's better than I remembered.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home