Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Early Years Continued


Okay, so my other country album made the list and in short order after Johnny's. This one is probably earlier than the Cash record as far as my listening goes. I'm not sure how I got into Kenny. I know at some point I heard Coward of the County on the radio and asked my parents to buy me the 45 of it. (That's like a small vinyl lp and played at a faster speed...not a gun.) I also remember it got scratched and then would skip, much like a CD does. So did my replacement copy.

This album was my dad's but when he moved to Florida he was looking to lighten his load, so I helped out as best as I could by grabbing this, a few Elvis records and the old Johnny Cash album I rescued from the yard sale.

Favorite tracks: The Gambler, Coward of the County, Reuben James and Long Arm of the Law.

1 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

I don't like country but I loved Kenny Rogers during that time.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home