Tuesday, May 02, 2006

To Play Hooky or Not To Play Hooky?

That was the dilemma for a time. Then I made my decision. Yeah, I'm skipping school on Thursday. It wasn't an easy decision, but I have some friends in need. You see, school is important, but sometimes you have to put your friends ahead of your studies. It's not easy, but these are the sacrifices we are called to make as Christ followers. The deal is pretty simple: my friends didn't want to be lonely. They asked me if I would keep them company. How could I say no? What kind of friend would I be if I let them go to ...










all by themselves?

Plus, how would you like to be the guy saying, "When Lord? When did I see you in need of another friend (not to mention a sausage sandwich) and not go with you Fenway?"

YEAH! My last game at the ol' ballpark was a couple years ago. ESPN game of the week, Sunday night. Red Sox-Yankees. The day after Varitek straightened out A-Rod. Thursday night it'll be the Jays. Looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

One thin I can't stand is a gloating blogger! Seriously, glad you had fun. Treasure these moments.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"When Lord?"...classic stuff! The ultimate question is whether the sausage was made out of sheep or goat meat.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home