Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Winterfest

Every year our Senior High retreat takes place during the first weekend in January. The event is called "Winterfest" and it draws some 400 plus students and leaders from our denomination's East Coast Conference.

I've had the privilege of being a part of the worship team for several years now and this year was no exception. One thing that was a little different this year was that I was as sick as a dog Friday. Thankfully I managed to get through Friday night and was able to enjoy what was a great weekend.

Johnny provides a good summary here. Each year, one of the highlights of this retreat is the bus ride home. I use the time on the bus to "interview" each student from my group. I get to hear their highlights, suggestions for future retreats and what message God had for them and then I get to pray for them. I'm so thankful for the way God uses so many different people to touch our lives and help us hear Him more clearly. Yeah, it was a perfect and beautiful weekend.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home