Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nothing That Clever...really!

So, it appears as though I've made some friends on the internet. Pretty funny stuff, I must admit. So let's see...to review what they had to say,

"If it comes down to a bare-knuckle brawl I give you this warning: You don't want to see how "M" fights. It is dirty, it is old-school, it is 60% verbal. You will not exit that stadium of blog gladiators the same man. Trust me."

Now, this was posted by "Q" who lists "world peace" as one of his interests. Mr. Q, with all due respect, please don't make me quote a Michael Jackson song...you know, one about the man in the mirror.

"For their own safety, all your outgoing links, including "World's Greatest Band" and "Mike Nyman Photography," should leave your blog immediately. If you choose conflict, or refuse to vacate your blog after 48-hours, you will be visited by an internet campaign of shock, awe, and indie-rock music. Choose wisely and choose carefully."

After careful consideration (drumroll.........) I'll take the indie rock music. Bring it on...I could use some new music. As for Mike and the Worlds' Greatest Band, what have they ever done to you? Besides, I don't think Mike has taken a photo in the last two years. (Or, you wouldn't know it from his blog anyway.)

"We are now acting because the risks of inaction would be far greater. In one year, or five years, the power of Brian to inflict harm on all free blogs, innocently minding their own business until their names are also stolen, would be multiplied many times over. With these capabilities, Brian and his youth pastor allies could choose the moment of internet conflict when they are strongest. We choose to meet that threat now where it arises, before it can appear suddenly in our inboxes and Facebooks."

Okay, you got me there. My youth pastor buddies and I, we are legion. Well, not legion like the demons in the pigs exactly, but, well...er, never mind.

Now, for those of my 5 readers who were too lazy to click on the link, you might be wondering what I've done to offend the good folks I quote here. In their own words, I have " appropriated (their) name (nothing that clever) and are using it for nefarious purposes. Who used what, first, is a matter for the lawyers."

But actually, it's a matter for the archives, no? And a quick glance through the archives will reveal that "Nothing that Clever" began on Tuesday, August 2, 2005 and "Nothing Clever" began on Wednesday, February 11, 2004. Now, math has never been my strong suit, Q, and I'm not lawyer, but I'm pretty sure 2004 happened before 2005, even though 2005 is a bigger number than 2004. Fortunately for you, I am a peace loving man, so I'll let you keep your blog name despite the blatant copyright infringement on the part of you and your band of letters.

Rock on, M, Q, C, and Z...and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Jesus loves you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!

You'll have to subscribe to my main RSS feed at http://mikenymanphotography.com/wp-atom.php. And I may be starting up the regular photo posting come January. Maybe.

-Mike Nyman

9:14 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

I've done my part...and hey, I'll be the last to throw stones for slow blog updates, but once or twice a month will work!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Len said...

i stuck up for your honor, well at least posted a comment on their blog.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I had to laugh when you mentioned those of us too lazy to click on the link ....GUILTY....LOL!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fight the good fight!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home