Monday, July 03, 2006

Some Things Shouldn't Change

I got a card in the mail the other day from a former youth group student, "Francis". I've known Francis since he was in 6th grade and now he is, well, older than that, but it's been awhile. The card said, essentially, "you've had an impact on me and my faith, thank you." It's very humbling and rewarding to receive a card like that and yet it is a reminder that whatever youth ministry needs to look like, relationships have to be first and foremost.

Being present with a student isn't always easy. Mark Yaconelli, in the book I mentioned in the last post, is making the argument that the more we are present with God, the more able we are to be present with students.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay R said...

its nice to hear from a student who lets you know that something you did was helpful.

I can see where this would be good you as a youth minister, it is a good thing for me as a teacher.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home