Monday, June 05, 2006

Movies I've Never Seen

And so I wonder if this makes me a bad youth pastor. (Okay, I don't really wonder that...well, maybe just a little.)

1. The Princess Bride- Never seen it, never will. I was almost forced to watch it last summer, but I played ratscrew instead. Good move, if you ask me.

2. Napolean Dynamite- You get to the point where you hear about it too much, ya know? I actually heard about this one fairly early on. Then I heard about it more and more and more and now I feel like I've missed the boat entirely. You know what I mean? I feel like if I go rent it the clerk will say something like, "I'm sorry sir. You're just too darn late." (They'll call me 'sir' too, just to make me feel old.) Oh well...I'll probably get to this one, if they let me, eventually. Maybe.

3. Saved. I'll see it...eventually.

These next two fall under, "Well, I tried to watch them but...well...fell asleep." (More signs of aging.)

4. The Lord of the Rings. I think there's more than one of these, no? Tried watching the first one...fell asleep.

5. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Once again. I'll probably try it again, though. Eventually.

So, any others I may have missed?

(It occurs to me that I should probably post links to the movie sites or whatever, but I figure I'm really busy, and besides, if you're savvy enough to know that I should have posted links, you're savvy enough to not need said links, okay? Keep on rocking in the free world.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Len said...

Never seen the Princess Bride? I will try to have your youth worker card revoked! :-) I love that one, have seen it too many times to count. First time I saw it, didn't like it much but after that, almost the whole thing was funny.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For shame! May God have mercy on you.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jay R said...

So sad that you don't know the full meaning of such great lines as, "Have fun stroming the castle" and "my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."

9:39 PM  
Blogger tonymyles said...

I must now pray for you...

unless, of course, you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If so, then you should just squeek into heaven.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Whew!! I have seen Ferris...thanks for your prayers though

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home