Monday, September 05, 2005

Beautiful day yesterday. I had the opportunity to try wakeboarding, which is like snowboarding on water except instead of going downhill, a boat pulls you. I've never been a waterskier, tried skiing once in high school, never snowboarded (or even skateboarded for that matter) so I had my work cut out for me.

It was ugly. Tried about 10 times to get up and fell every time. Then my friend told me try boarding off the boom (holding an arm that extends out from the boat, which is easier to do.) That was really helpful, at least I could get a sense of what it felt to ride the board. Tried it again behind the boat, and about 5 tries later, finally got up. Had two decent rides and then I was pretty tired.

It was pretty cool though, well, at least the riding part. I'm glad I didn't give up, though I did think about it a couple of times. I'm pretty sore today, which I expected to be, but it's not too bad.

Tomorrow and youth ministry/ I.D. post. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home