Monday, December 22, 2008

Buddha Appears in Pastry

I was at a party recently sitting at a table that had plates full of pastries. I was contemplating eating what looked to be a pastry puff covered in white chocolate when I noticed something was odd about it. Suddenly it hit me...Buddha had appeared in the pastry.

I showed it to friends at the party and they agreed, yup sure enough, it was Buddha. (Okay, they agreed that there was a man, but not all were convinced it was Buddha.) I told them I was going to take it home and sell it on Ebay. Several friends advised against this saying that there isn't much of a market for this sort of thing. If it had been the Virgin Mary, well, then I'd have a market. I think my friends are probably right. My excitement over the discovery quickly turned to disappointment. Why couldn't it have been Mary?

Still, I hold out hope that there may be some market for Buddha. I still haven't put it on Ebay, but if you want it, make me an offer I can't refuse.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you explain how you're seeing a buddha in this? i want to see it, too!

thanks...

8:56 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Well, perhaps I should post a better picture, but let me see if I can help. All you actually see is his face and it is a teeny bit smushed. ;)

Two eyes near the top toward the right, nose below and a sort of crooked and smashed mouth. I'll try to post a couple other pictures tonight.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home