Thursday, May 15, 2008

Contentment

I'm feeling content today. I didn't win the caption contest (at least, if I did, I wasn't notified by the date specified in the rules!) And thus, my dream bike, (check out the video review) will remain that...a dream.

I'll admit that I struggle at times with being content. There's always the temptation to think, "Well, if I just made X much more money," or "If I only had this (fill in the blank) then I'd be happy." This sort of thinking ultimately is not very helpful as it fails to recognize all that I do have and all that God has blessed me with. What's more, is that it simply is not true. That thinking, even if we get X, leads to other thoughts of "if only...".

Would I love a Cervelo RS? I'm sure I would...but I don't need it. I'd rather be like Paul who was onto something when he wrote:

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home